Saturday, May 5, 2012

Black Bean, Corn & Mushroom Chili

I've never been a fan of chili beans, so I was excited when I started dating my husband Dave and found out that his mom had a great chili recipe that didn't call for the chili beans. Originally, she didn't have the black beans in this recipe, either, but since I started making it, and I'm always trying to get healthy food in my kiddos' bodies, I've added the black beans and we really like it. If you're not a mushroom fan, you can always omit the mushrooms and you're still left with a great black bean & corn chili. This is my favorite chili recipe ever ~ enjoy!



2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
2 (29-oz.) can Tomato Sauce
2 (29-oz.) cans Diced Tomatoes with seasoning
2 T. Chili Pepper
1/2 T. Salt
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 T. Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. Paprika
1 T. Onion Powder
1 T. Garlic Powder
3 c. Niblet Corn
1 (15-oz.) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
4-5 jars Whole Mushrooms (cut in half)
2 (8-oz.) cans Sliced Mushrooms
Shredded cheddar cheese, garnish
Sour cream, garnish
Tortilla Chips, garnish

Brown ground beef - drain extra juice. Add cans of tomatoes and seasonings (to save time, in place of seasonings, I recommend using Carol Shelby's Chili Kit, omit the mesa flour). Simmer 20 minutes on medium-low. Add corn, black beans and mushrooms. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese & sour cream. Serve with fresh tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. I just made a black bean, kidney bean, pinto bean chili. Yum! We love mushrooms so we will have to try this! It was actually part of our once month cooking thing a friend of mind and I do together. Today was our second attempt. Some yummy food! Though we do not cook 30 meals, but about half that. We enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are my favorite part of blogging!